Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dear Donna,
Since 1998, my family has been on an unexpected personal journey. Like many confronted with multiple sclerosis (MS), we first reacted with disbelief and fear. However, guided by our faith and an extraordinary medical team, our fears gave way to hope.
After my diagnosis, I learned a lot about the promise of groundbreaking research to speed new treatments and cures. Most importantly, I learned I was not alone. More than 50 million people worldwide suffer from these devastating neurologic diseases.
Today, I’m proud to let you know about a collaborative new effort to accelerate medical innovation and inspire patients and families everywhere: The Ann Romney Center for Neurologic Diseases at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH).
Please visit the website to learn more and see how you can make an impact.

You may see news stories about this new Center, because it’s something truly special. BWH’s globally recognized medical leaders have new ways of thinking about collaboration across five disease areas: MS, Alzheimer’s disease, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease), Parkinson’s disease, and brain tumors. I believe they’re ready to transform the future of medicine.
I know how strongly you hope for a better future. We all want our children and grandchildren to grow up in a world that is free of these devastating diseases.
Please take a moment to make an online contribution of $25, $50, $100 or more. With your help, I know we can accelerate treatments and cures for these devastating neurologic diseases.
Thank you,
Ann Romney

P.S. Please share this email with people you know who might be interested in learning more about neurologic diseases. The website includes useful information on new research and clinical trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment